So A LOT has happened over the last 7 months; our Wedding, Honeymoon and a pregnancy announcement!
I will start with the wedding, which already seems like a lifetime ago.
Here’s a few photos of our day captured by the incredible Carla Atley.
Where It All Began
Josh and I met on Valentines Day, eight years ago, through mutual friends at Shape Nightclub in East Perth. I was a naive seventeen year old, using my bestfriends ID. We only knew each other eight days before we made it “official”. So I guess you could say it was love at first sight…I think we both always knew it was forever and our lives became one, pretty quickly.
Over our eight year journey, we have traveled, Josh worked hard whilst I finished my university degree and worked part-time in an admin / marketing role to save for our block of land. We then built our family home, got engaged and welcomed the cheekiest Boxer fur-baby, Laila, into our home. And now a baby boy is joining our tribe in November!
After 7 years, Josh finally proposed at South Beach in Fremantle on April 22 2016. I was completely unaware and my lack of manicure was proof of that! After waiting so long for a ring, there was no way I was waiting for the wedding. A month later we set a date (February 18 2017), so I had 9 months to plan a wedding. We wanted to get married outside, and chose the picturesque Heathcote Reserve in Applecross as our ceremony location. Our reception was held at Bathers Beach House in Fremantle.
Our Wedding Day
I know everyone says it, but it truly was the best day of our lives. Everything went as planned and it felt like we were in our own bubble. So many of our guests took the time after to tell us how enjoyable the day was and how much love was in the room. Hearing that made us both so happy. The most amazing thing for me on the day was seeing how much Josh was enjoying himself. Typically, it’s deemed the Bride’s day, but he had the most incredible time and showed so much emotion, which is a rarity, believe me! Even he wants to do it all over again.
Tips For Brides-to-be!
- THANK YOU’s! Make sure you go around with your husband to each table. If you do it separately, you will spend the night apart. Someone told me to do this and it was the most valuable tip I received.
- Try and find room in your budget for a videographer! The day goes by so quickly and you miss so many elements. Watching it all back on video is magical. I’ve included the link to our video at the end of this post.
- Engage the help of a stylist! Initially, I believed I could do it all myself as I always dreamt of coordinating our Wedding Day. I still did a lot of DIY but having Branka’s expertise and help in the lead up, and most importantly on the day was invaluable! Branka was able to suggest a number of suppliers I could use and also helped bring all of my ideas together. I was so relaxed on the morning of my wedding as I knew the reception styling was being taken care. The moment I walked into our reception with my husband, is a moment I will NEVER forget. It was perfect. I also enlisted the help of the guys from WedStyle to style our Ceremony. As you can see from the photos – they did an INCREDIBLE job!
- Carefully choose your wedding hashtag (if you’re having one!). This was such an oversight on my behalf.. I chose #HouseParty because of our last name, but didn’t consider how many photos already carried that hashtag. I should have personalised it more, for example – added our initials #AJHouseParty. A minor hiccup, but something to consider 🙂
Our Wedding Playlist:
- Bridesmaids Entry Song: Dog Days are Over – Florence + the Machine
- Bride entrance song: How Long Will I Love You – Ellie Goulding
- Signing Music: Home is Wherever I’m With You – Edward Sharp + The Magnetic Zeros
- Walking Back Down the Aisle: Mess is Mine – Vance Joy
- Bridal Party Entrance: We Found Love – Rhianna
- Bride + Groom Entrance: Cinema – Benny Benassi
- First Dance: Lay Your Love On Me – Roachford
- Leaving Song: Save Tonight – Eagle Eye Cherry
- Florist: My beautiful Mum – Fiore Floral Design Studio
- Ceremony Styling / Furniture: WedStyle
- Reception Stylist: Branka from Blonde + Blue
- Stationery: I did our entire stationery suite myself and saved a bucket load! I designed and had our wedding invitations printed via Stitch Press
- Celebrant: Kirk Goodsell
- Reception Venue: Bathers Beach House, Fremantle
- Ceremony Venue: Heathcote Reserve Applecross
- Placecards: Etsy – EngraveCelebration
- Cake: Lush Cakes
- DJ: Josh from Vibe DJ Service
- Videographer: Ryan Chatfield Images
- Photographer: Carla Atley Photography
- Light Up Letters: Vintage Letters & Co
- Thank You Cards: I made a concerted effort to get our thank you cards out as soon as we received our photos. I ordered the cards from Minted.com and highly recommend this site. They actually turned out cheaper than designing / getting them printed myself! AND they came with addressed enveloped for FREE!
The finer details:
Hair Stylist: Katie O’Regan Hair Stylist
Makeup: Kim Deane
Grooms Suits: Tony Barlow
Brides Dress: Brides by Design
Bridesmaids Dresses: Zimmermann Silk Tuck Dress in Peony
Bridesmaids Gift: Witchery clutches and Forever New Earrings
Groomsman Gift: Happy Socks and Asos Tie
Grooms Gift from Bride: Tag Heuer Watch
Spray Tans: The lovely Vanessa from Perth Tans to You
And last, but not least, our wedding film captured by the amazingly talented Ryan Chatfield.
<p><a href=”https://vimeo.com/223580914″>Ashlee and Josh</a> from <a href=”https://vimeo.com/user3798265″>Ryan Chatfield Images</a> on <a href=”https://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>.</p>